Elementary Model of Instruction Change Window Now Open
From now through 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 7, 2021, you may change your elementary student’s model of instruction in Infinite Campus.
If you do not wish to change your elementary student’s model of instruction, you do not need to take any action. If you do not indicate a change in Infinite Campus, your student will remain in their current model of instruction for Trimester 3.
For each child, you may choose from three models of instruction: Phase Into Learning, Tosa Connected or Wauwatosa Virtual Academy. Currently, we are operating in the “five-day” phase of each model, which is defined as follows:
Phase Into Learning
- Junior Kindergarten students will keep their current schedule and attend half-day sessions in-person, five days per week. Students in the PM session will be released at 2:20 pm on Wednesdays.
- Senior Kindergarten - 2nd grade students will follow a five-day schedule and attend class in-person each day. Students will be released at 2:20 pm on Wednesdays.
- 3rd - 5th grade students will follow a five-day schedule. They will be taught in-person and concurrently by building-specific grade level teachers. Students will be released at 2:20 pm on Wednesdays.
It is important to understand that if you choose the Phase Into Learning model, you are committing to following the phase as decided by the School Board and/or Superintendent, including virtual, hybrid or 5-day in-person learning.
- Junior Kindergarten students will participate in mostly asynchronous learning, with two 15-20 minute synchronous learning sessions scheduled each week.
- Senior Kindergarten - 2nd grade students will follow a full virtual schedule, learning synchronously on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday will be a makeup day. Students from multiple buildings may be grouped together in the same virtual classroom.
- 3rd - 5th grade students will return to their home school and will be taught concurrently five days per week by building-specific grade level teachers. Synchronous instruction will end at 2:20 pm on Wednesdays.
Wauwatosa Virtual Academy
All students K-12 will participate in online asynchronous (pre-recorded) learning. WVA maximizes flexibility and resembles a traditional homeschool learning environment in a digital format.
Please note that you will not be able to change your student’s model of instruction for Trimester 3 after Sunday, February 7, 2021. Your elementary student(s) will be enrolled in their model of instruction for all of Trimester 3, which begins on March 9, 2021 and ends on June 11, 2021. Siblings are not required to be enrolled in the same model of instruction.
You can find step-by-step instructions for changing your student’s model of instruction here. First, you will need to log into your Infinite Campus parent portal. If you cannot access Infinite Campus, or have not set up a parent portal account, click here. If you’ve followed these instructions and still need assistance, please email email@example.com. Please note that this address is a direct support line, enabled during time-sensitive windows, that is used ONLY for assistance in setting up your Infinite Campus account. For all other family technology support, please submit a helpdesk request.
And finally, you may only change your student’s model of instruction one time between now and Sunday, February 7 in Infinite Campus. Please ensure your family is aligned regarding any changes that are made to your student’s model of instruction. Once a change has been submitted, you will not be able to modify your submission.
As always, please continue to check our Reopening Page for the most up-to-date information about the 2020-21 school year.