December 10 School Board Brief
Highlights of the December 10, 2018, Wauwatosa School Board meeting:
*Please note, these are not official minutes. Minutes of each meeting are approved at the next regular Board meeting.
On December 10, the Board approved the following:
- Minutes – November 26, 2018, regular meeting.
- Personnel Matters – Resignations, Hires.
- Owners Representative Services for referendum work.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Fabrication Laboratories grant application for $25,000 and a matching contribution from the District.
- Postponement of Intergovernmental/Intra-agency agreement with School District of Janesville, Wauwatosa School District, Wisconsin International Academy, and The China Office.
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar.
- Motion to put on file the capital projects plan as presented for 2019-2020 during the Nov. 26 Board meeting.
The board was provided updates on or discussed the following:
- 2017-18 Financial Audit Report – Judi Bruni of Feld, Schumacher & Company, the District's financial auditing firm, presented the 2017-18 Financial Audit Report.
- Governor-Elect Tony Evers’ Proposed Fair Funding Plan -- Director of Business Services, John Mack reported to the Board on Governor-Elect Tony Evers' proposed Fair Funding plan and the financial benefits/impact for the Wauwatosa School District if it were to pass and become law. The president of Save Our Schools (SOS) thanked Mr. Mack for his overview of the plan and encouraged community support for the proposal.
- Student School Representatives Report on School Activities -- Student School Board representatives Nailah Boyd (West) and Emma Gifford (East) presented updates on the activities happening in their schools.
- Legislative Advocacy Committee Update -- Leigh Anne Fraley and Dr. Eric Jessup-Anger provided an update to the Board on the Legislative Advocacy Committee's last meeting. Eric Jessup-Anger mentioned the committee would be sending welcome letters as an introduction to the legislators elected in November. Leigh Anne Fraley extended an invitation to community members to attend their December meeting.
- Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) Delegate -- The School Board named Board President Shawn Rolland as the District's representative for the WASB Delegate Assembly at the State Education Convention on January 23, 2019.
Following the regular meeting, the board adjourned into in-service to discuss facilities post-referendum process and theatre guidelines.