Highlights of the October 14, 2019 Wauwatosa School Board meeting:
*Please note, these are not official minutes. Minutes of each meeting are approved at the next regular Board meeting.
On September 9, the Board approved the following:
· Minutes from the previous regular meeting.
· Personnel Matters – Resignations, Hires.
· New Student School Board Representatives Cameron Clark, Eva Offutt, Michael Orlowski, and Jalysa Runyan.
· Administrative contract for Matthew Vanderkamp as Director of Recreation.
The board was provided updates on or discussed the following:
· Student Recognition – The Board recognized East High School Seniors, Dan Eash-Scott and Miles King who both earned the highest possible score of a perfect 36 on the ACT.
· Human Resources Report - Aida Cruz-Farin, director of Human Resources, presented on the 2019 goals of the department which include increasing the recruitment and hiring of teachers of color and increasing retention of highly qualified staff, with a focus on teachers of color. Action steps and measurement strategies were also provided. View presentation slides. *Note: the District had a 93% retention rate of all teaching staff in 2019.
· Following the regular meeting, the board adjourned into executive session to discuss the Superintendent Evaluation.