COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies for Level 3
- Proper mask wearing is required for EVERYONE inside the building
- Failure to comply with proper mask wearing may result in a suspension and a change in the mode of instruction to the Wauwatosa Virtual Academy for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year
- Students will be allowed in the building starting at 7:30 through the North, Main and 74th street doors
- Students are expected to sit in the Learning Center until 7:45
- At 7:45 students will be released to report to their 1st hour course
- Breakfast will be served free of charge to all students starting at 7:30
- At the end of the school day, all students are expected to leave the building unless they are with a staff member in an assigned activity. There will be no students allowed to wait in the Learning Center.
- If students are participating in an after school activity that does not start directly after school they are expected to leave and return to school when the activity begins
- For example, if volleyball practice starts at 6:00pm, the student should leave and arrive back to school around 5:50pm.
EATING AND DRINKING
- Students should not eat in class
- The drinking fountains are unavailable for use
- Students should bring a water bottle to utilize the water bottle filler
- Students need to sit 3 ft apart
- Eating Locations: Learning Center, Raider Room, Gym & Library
- Spots will be indicated by black dots
- Food Serving Areas: North Hallway, Main Serving Area, Outside main office, Outside Fitness Center
- Lunch will be free of charge for the 2021-2022 school year
- Please utilize this document to conduct daily Health Screenings before school
- If 1 or more questions are answered with a “yes” please contact East’s main office and stay home
- If all answers are “no” students may attend school and school sponsored events
- Please refer to the document to the left for information regarding students return to school from illness
STUDENT QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
- Close contact: someone who was within 6 ft of a person who is contagious with COVID-19 for a cumulative total of 15 mins or more over a 24-hour period
- Exception: In the k-12 indoor classroom setting, the close contact definition excludes students who were within 3-6 ft of another student who was COVID-19 positive if both wore well-fitting masks the entire time
- Quarantine is not required after being identified as close contact if:
- Individuals who are considered fully vaccinated
- Individual who were previously diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 3 months
- Quarantine length
- Quarantine may end after 7 days if the exposed individual has not developed any symptoms and has a negative COVID-19 test collected on day 6 or 7
- Test results must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10-day quarantine without testing
CLUBS AND STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Student clubs or organizations can meet in person. Club advisors should keep seating charts for all meetings.
STUDENT ZOOM EXPECTATIONS
- To support learning in the event a student must remain home due to COVID-19, the Wauwatosa School District allows students to Zoom into class if they have been placed into quarantine due to an exposure to COVID-19 or if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Students will have access via Zoom to observe instruction.
- This access is only available to students diagnosed with COVID-19 or placed into quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure. If a student is absent for a different reason (including non-COVID illness, vacation, voluntary quarantine, parent-excused absence, pre-planned event, etc.), the student may not Zoom into classes
- Zoom Norms/Guidelines for Students
For the 2021-22 school year, we will continue to follow many of the protocols put in place during the 2020-21 school year for in-person instruction including:
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations
- Bipolar ionization air filtration systems
- Cleaning supplies in each classroom
- Contact tracing and quarantining (NOTE: Vaccinated individuals will not need to quarantine. Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination from the Wisconsin Immunization Registry this fall.)
On August 9th, 2021, the Wauwatosa School Board unanimously approved the District’s Re-entry Plan for the 2021-22 school year. The Re-Entry Plan contains a leveled approach to in-person instruction and COVID-19 mitigation based on the current COVID-19 infection rate in our community and in our schools. Please see the full Re-Entry Plan for details about each level.
Based on the School Board’s approval of the Re-Entry Plan, effective immediately, masks or other face coverings are required for all individuals inside district buildings.
Please visit the 2021-22 school year landing page on the District's website for relevant information including the Re-Entry Presentation, Re-Entry Plan, metric dashboard (updated daily), COVID-19 related communications, a form to submit questions, a Frequently Asked Questions document (updated weekly) and more.
If you would like to submit proof of your student's vaccination against COVID-19 (voluntary), please deliver a copy of their immunization history OR vaccination card to the main office via email, fax (414-773-2020), or turn in a printed copy. We are open Monday-Friday from 7:30am - 3:30pm.
Immunization records may be obtained from the Wisconsin Immunization Registry or from your medical provider. As of 8/18/21, vaccination cards ARE now accepted.