WAUWATOSA SUMMER SCHOOL
ABOUT WAUWATOSA SUMMER SCHOOL
Wauwatosa Summer School is committed to working toward the Wauwatosa School District's strategic objectives through continuous improvement in student learning.
- Registration for elementary and middle school students in the Wauwatosa School District and Wauwatosa residents will open Monday, April 3rd and will close April 21st.
- High School Courses and registration will be done through counseling in January and February of 2023. Changes to summer school schedules for high school students should be done through the counseling department.
- K-8 enrichment course description will be available Monday, March 27th.
- Course selection will be made via Infinite Campus.
- Currently enrolled students (including those already enrolled for 23-24) DO NOT have to enroll for summer school; Parents/Guardians will select courses via their existing Infinite Campus account.
- Non-resident families will be able to enroll and select courses on Monday, May 1st and registration will close May 12th. (registration is open to all during this time)
- If you have attended summer school before please use Infininte Campus parent portal to re-enroll for summer school.
- Please note that the recreation department is not responsible for summer school registration.
2023 SUMMER SCHOOL DATES
Summer School Starts - Tuesday, June 20 AND Ends Friday, July 28, 2023.
There are no classes on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
High School Classes (9-12) come in three different formats:
Traditional - five days a week (except for week one and the third week)
Hybrid - meets two days in-person and the other three days are virtual (first week is mandatory attendance)
Hybrid Health - meets all four days in-person for the first week(mandatory attendance) and then meets once a week for the other five weeks.
Online - there are no in-person scheduled classes, however in-person meetings can be scheduled by the instructor (teacher discretion)
Period One - 7:30 to 10:10AM - ten minute break
Period Two - 10:15 to 12:55PM - ten minute break
- All high school course offerings will run the full 6 weeks. Class work needs to be completed within the six weeks to receive credit.
**Any online summer courses will still run on the following schedule**
Elementary Classes(K-8) are Monday through Thursday of each week (except for Monday, June 19th, Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th)
THERE ARE NO CLASSES ON FRIDAY FOR K-8 CLASSES
Early Morning Stretch - 7:30AM to 7:55AM
Period One - 8:00AM to 9:15AM
Period Two - 9:20AM to 10:35AM
Period Three - 10:40AM to 11:55AM
Dates for Session A for K-8 - Tuesday, June 20th to Thursday, July 6th Session B for K-8 - Monday, July 10th to Thursday, July 27th
Beginning Band Blast Off - Monday, July 31st to Friday, August 4th
Fees for out-of-district families:
K4, K5, 1st grade, and 2nd-grade Experiences (6-week course): $150
K-8 one period courses: $25 per course per session
H.S. 9-12 courses for credit:
0.5 credit $250
1.0 credit $500
Summer School Main Line:
Phone: (414) 773-3200
Coordinator: Stephen Oliver
Administrative Assistant: Colleen McDonald
Summer School Site Office Numbers:
East High School - (414) 773-3432
West High School - (414) 773-3434
Lincoln Elementary - (414) 773-3433
Whitman Middle School - (414) 773-3435