Division of Finance & Operations
The Division of Operations & Finance works diligently to support the strategic needs of the District prioritizing, allocating, and optimizing the District’s limited resources. Our team works collectively to provide best-in-class service to the schools and divisions of the District. Please reach out to us anytime we can be helpful to you.
The Wauwatosa School District has long-maintained a conservative approach to our finances which has and will continue to provide long-term financial stability to the system.
In addition to managing and optimizing the use of resources, Business Services is also responsible for:
- Financial reporting to the Board of Education and community
- Purchasing and procurement (in compliance with State statute, Board policy, and best practices)
- Internal controls
- Internal and certified financial audits
- Cash management and investments
- Debt service and construction funds management
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Payroll and fringe benefit administration
- State and federal financial reporting and compliance
- Property accounting and long-term capital/facility planning
- Oversight of School Nutrition and Buildings & Grounds Divisions
- Legislative advocacy for resources that support the ongoing operational needs and strategic needs of the District