Wiping an Acer C740
To remove your Acer C740 Chromebook from the district management domain complete the following steps. Note - this process will NOT work until 12pm, August 7, 2020. Attempts to remove your device from the domain before that date will fail and the device will automatically re-enroll under Wauwatosa School District management controls.
This process will only work for students that graduate Wauwatosa School District. This process will fail if attempted on any other device.
- Shutdown your Chromebook
- Hold Esc key and the Refresh Key and turn on your Chromebook. Continue to hold the Esc and Refresh Key as the device powers up.
- Once you reach the "Developer Page" release the Esc and Refresh keys and then simultaneously press the CTRL, ALT, and D keys.
- Press Enter
- Wait for the Chromebook to restart
- Once your Chromebook has restarted press Space then Enter again
- At this point your Chromebook will reboot and enter the initial setup phase. You can now set the device up with a personal GMail account.