College Search Resources
Things to consider when searching for a college or university...
- What type of school do you want to attend? (Public/Private, 4 year/2 year, etc.)
- Where is it located? (In state/Out of state, Distance, Big City/Rural, Weather, Family)
- What majors do they offer?(Liberal Arts/ Performance, Ability to change, Guidance for undecided, Direct Entry/General)
- Cost (in state/out of state, grants/scholarships/loans, renewable aid vs. freshman year, etc.)
- Do they offer any academic credit for AP courses?
- What are the student life opportunities?(Sports, Clubs, Fraternities/Sororities, Professional organizations, Campus jobs)
- Is the campus diverse?(Multicultural opportunities, Different age groups, Students from different locations/countries, etc.)
- Can I study abroad?(Cost, number of opportunities, availability with academic program, etc.)
- Are freshman required to live on campus? (On campus/Off-campus opportunities, transportation, meal plans, etc.)
Reduced Tuition Information
Some out of state institutions offer reduced tuition to Wisconsin high school seniors. In addition, the Minnesota state schools have a reciprocity agreement with Wisconsin students that allows them to attend Minnesota public schools at in -state or close to in-state rates. Click the links below for more information about these opportunities.