Junior Kindergarten (JK) AM 8:20 a.m. - 10:55 a.m. (M,T,W,TH,F)
PM 12:30 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. (M,T,TH,F)
12:30 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. (Wednesday)
SK through 5th grade 8:20 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. (M,T,TH,F)
8:20 a.m. - 2:20 p.m. (Wednesday)
The school office opens at 7:45 a.m. and closes at 4:15 p.m.
The playground is supervised between 8:00 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. daily and during recesses. There is no supervision after 3:30 pm - All students are expected to go directly home at the end of the day. Children should not arrive before 8:00 a.m. unless attending early band, orchestra, choir or having hot breakfast in the cafeteria. All of these activities start at 7:45 a.m. Students should not enter the building before the bells unless they have a special pass from their teachers or are going to club meetings, band, orchestra or chorus rehearsals.
To maintain the most conducive learning environment parents and/or guardians are asked not to disrupt classes during the start and end time of the school day. Please do not go to classrooms until after the dismissal bell. If you need to change your child’s pick up time, please plan ahead and tell your child before they leave for school in the morning. We try to keep classroom interruptions to a minimum as to not disrupt learning. On the rare occasion you need to phone us to change your students’ pick up time, place, or person, please call early in the day to insure the message gets to your child in a timely manner. In the case of an emergency, when a student is not picked up by 3:30 p.m. (2:30 on Wednesday), he/she will be escorted to the office and a parent will be contacted.
Option 1: Park and/or Walk to School
Parents and Guardians may park their vehicles in the blue parking areas indicated on the map and walk children to school.
Arriving to School:
- Park in the blue areas on the map.
- Students should be escorted from the car to the playground.
Departing from School:
- Students will be dismissed promptly at 3:20 and wait with their class on the playground until their parent/guardian arrives.
- Students should be escorted from the playground to the car by a parent or guardian.
Option 2: Use the Hug & Go Zone
Parents and Guardians can use the Hug & Go Zone to drop children off and pick children up while remaining in the car. Hug & Go is not for long-term parking. Please do not park or stand (sit in your parked car running) in the Hug & Go zone. If students need assistance getting out or in the car, please park in the blue areas instead of using the Hug & Go Zone.
Access to Building
- After the start of the school day, all doors are locked. Please use the main entrance door on Maple Terrace (between 68th and 70th) to enter the building and stop at the school office to let us know you are here. For security reasons, badges will be issued to visitors and/or volunteers who come into our building.
- Handicapped Access - There is a handicapped ramp and door access to Jefferson School. It is located off of the playground blacktop on Aetna Court. The first and second floors have handicapped toilet facilities. There is an elevator available for handicapped access to attend functions in the first, second and third floor areas.