STEM Lottery Process
Enrollment for Wauwatosa STEM, Underwood STEM (USTEM), and Montessori School is done through a lottery process, which is different from traditional enrollment in our schools.
Applications for all three are accepted during a limited window in February each year for the next school year. Applications for WSTEM, USTEM, and Montessori can be obtained from each of the schools or the District Office - Student Services Department.
Below is the application process for the enrollment lottery into Wauwatosa STEM School:
1) To be eligible for this application/lottery enrollment process you must be a current resident of the Wauwatosa School District or a current student of the Wauwatosa School District. Proof of residence must be provided if your child is currently enrolled in a private/parochial school.
2) The Lottery is run on an annual basis. Student’s who apply this year and do not gain entrance will be placed on a waiting list. This waiting list will be discarded in January of the following year and the process will start over.
3) The application window is February 4th - 22nd 2019, for the next school year's enrollment. Completed applications can be turned into:
- Wauwatosa STEM's Main Office;
- Teaching & Learning (Student Services);
- Wauwatosa School District administrative office.
Teaching & Learning: Student Services coordinates our lottery drawing and waitlist procedures. The Wauwatosa School District uses a random number generator program for its lottery wait list and selection process. This is the same program that is utilized for open enrollment placement determination.
4) Accepted students will be notified by mail, postmarked no later than Friday, March 8, 2019. Accepted students must confirm acceptance by Friday, March 22, 2019, at 4:00 pm or the slot will be offered to the highest student on age/grade level waiting list.il.
5) The Wauwatosa School District will determine the number of student seats available for the upcoming school year in mid-January. Open seats per grade level will be posted prior to the lottery date.
5) Siblings of current WSTEM students will be enrolled in open slots first as sibling preference.