WAUWATOSA SUMMER SCHOOL
**Questions about Summer School should be directed to the Summer School Office number at (414)773-3200 **
Wauwatosa Summer School is committed to working toward the Wauwatosa School District's strategic objectives through continuous improvement in student learning.
Summer School provides opportunities for a wide range of learning experiences including courses that support the "whole child," from Computer Coding, Music, Art, World Languages, Math, Reading, Science, and STEM & Design courses.
As we continually work to increase the achievement level and growth in reading for all students, our district reading specialists have worked extremely hard to update and write engaging, relevant and aligned instruction for our summer reading and writing courses that build off of what students are working on during the school year. Some examples of such courses include:
- Reading Workshop (Fiction & Non-Fiction)
- Writing Workshop
- Author & Genre Book Club
- FAB 4 (focus on comprehension)
Additionally, we wanted to find a way to provide STEM experiences to all summer school students, while also giving students opportunities to be creative problem solvers. We have increased the number of sections and grades our STEM & Design courses reach, now running for students 1st-8th grade.
2019 SUMMER SCHOOL DATES & REGISTRATIONJune 24-August 2 *(8/1 for Elementary/Middle)No school on July 4 & 5.Times are as follows:High School - Monday-Friday, Period 1;7:30-10:00, Period 2; 10:05-12:35Elementary -- Monday - Thursday Period 1 8:00-9:15, Period 2 9:20-10:35, Period 3 10:40-11:55
UPDATE: Resident Online Registration closes 5/17/19. Registration will remain open but will need to be done in person after 5/17/19.
This change is being made so that we can ensure families receive their child’s/children’s class schedule in a timely manner.
Resident registration after 5/17/19:
- Please contact the Summer School Office directly to register your child. The Summer School Office can be reached at 414-773-3200 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will also host another walk-in registration night for current K4-8th- grade students on 5/23/19 from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- This walk-in registration will be held at the Fisher Building, 12121 W North Ave, Wauwatosa.
- Fill out the form in Step 1 below at least three days prior to walk-in registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
Current District Families:
- Please note: If you have an existing Parent Power School account and have difficulty logging in please email email@example.com
Private/Parochial School and Non-Resident Families:
- STEP ONE: Fill Out this Google Form
- Once you fill out the above form, log-in information will be sent to you and you can register via the Power School link above.
Summer School Main Office Number:
Summer Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m * Begins once classes start
*Please note the Summer School Office has limited support prior to the start the of classes, so please leave a voicemail and a staff member will follow-up within 48 hours.