Registering Your Child
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Resident registration for children in the Wauwatosa School District for four-year-old and five-year-old kindergarten will be held Wednesday, January 15, 2020, from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Thursday, January 16, 2020, from 9 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. at all public district elementary schools or online via Infinite Campus here.
Instructions for online registration can be found here. *Please note all of the required documents below are still needed if completing registration online.
- 4-year-old kindergarten (junior kindergarten): Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- 5-year-old kindergarten (senior kindergarten): Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- Click HERE for the brochure about the kindergarten programs.
Children who are currently enrolled in our 4K (junior kindergarten), do not need to register for SK as they are already enrolled in the district.
What You'll Need to Register:
To register your child, you will need ALL of the following:
- Two forms of Proof of Residency (accepted options are below)
- Mortgage document OR property tax bill OR lease/rental agreement showing landlord's name and phone number AND;
- Current Utility Bill - shows your name and current address
- Your child's original birth certificate (cannot be a copy)
- Your child's immunization record (most up-to-date)
Enrollment for Wauwatosa STEM, Underwood STEM (USTEM). Middle School STEM (MSTEM), and Montessori School is done through a lottery process. Applications for all three are accepted during a limited window in February each year for the next school year. Applications for WSTEM, USTEM and Montessori can be obtained from the schools.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION - OUTSIDE OF THE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION WINDOW
Registration of all new resident students - grades 4K-12 - is done through the District's Administration Office (Fisher Building) Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Please arrive by 3:15 pm to allow enough time to process registration materials. The address is 12121 W. North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI.
For information about tuition waivers, please contact the Student Services Department at (414) 773-1080.
School board policy allows families to transfer their children to attend a school within the district but outside of their attendance area if space is available. Student support services track the enrollment of students in the intradistrict transfer program. Currently, approximately 400 students attend school in a building outside of their attendance area through this option. The reasons most frequently cited for the transfer request is childcare arrangements.