Jefferson School Profile
Jefferson Elementary is located on southeast side of Wauwatosa and serves the neighborhoods of Jacobus Park and Charles Hart.
Our multi-level building was built in 1958 which makes it one of the "newer" elementary schools in the District. We enjoy a large outdoor area for students during recess as well as two playgrounds on our property.
At Jefferson, we are proud of the collaboration and dedication among our staff to ensure that each student is successful as we focus on both the academic and social development of each child. As one student put it, " Our school just feels like family."
A few recent achievements we're proud of:
- Overall Accountability score of "Significantly Exceed Expectations" on the 2016-17 state Accountability Report Cards issued by the Department of Public Instruction.
- Recognized by Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center (WI RtI) for creating a behavior system to meet the needs of all learners, which is part of our District's focus on equity and educating the "whole child" by promoting the highest levels of cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and ethical development of each child.
What we offer:
- Two-year kindergarten program for 4 and 5-year-olds with full-time kindergarten for 5-year-olds
- Band, chorus and orchestra programs
- Daily hot lunch program
- Inclusion program (early childhood through grade 5)
- Cultural Arts program (including assemblies and student performances)
- Annual 5th grade environmental overnight camping trip
- Reading partner programs across grade levels
- Third-grade reading partnership with Hawthorne Terrace retirement community
- Fully networked computers in each classroom plus a library computer lab
- Student Assistance Teams
- Community service projects
- Active PTA sponsoring field trips, student assemblies, family activities and much more
Serves: Grades JK-5
Number of Students:
Number of Staff:
SK-5: 8:20 AM - 3:20 PM
JK AM: 8:20 - 10:55 AM
JK PM: 12:30 - 3:20 PM
*Wednesdays release one hour earlier in the afternoon.