Sodexo Food Service
Healthy and nutritious meals are a key part of a child's successful learning during the school day. The Wauwatosa School District contracts with Sodexo Food Service to provide our students with these meals for breakfast and lunch.
There will be no change in lunch pricing for the 2018/2019 School Year:
Elementary = $2.50
Secondary = $3.20
Reimbursable Lunch – High School = $3.20
Reimbursable Lunch – Middle School = $3.20
Reimbursable Lunch – Elementary School = $2.50
Reimbursable Reduced Lunch = $0.40
Milk – All Schools = $0.35
Faculty/Staff Lunch = $3.90
2018/2019 School Year:
- Taste 4 dining program coming to the high schools this year. Taste 4 will focus more on flavors, food quality, and offer appealing new menu items. Some of the items we will be offering are freshly baked bread, and international as well as regional food favorites. The Taste 4 menu program brings with it a revamp of our deli, favorites, pizza, and grab and go areas as well.
- The Healthy High School Challenge is back for the 2018/2019 school year! This is a contest that is designed to introduce students to healthy snack options. Last year both East and West High Schools placed in the top 100 of the healthy high schools in the country. They also received a check for $500 to be used to promote health and wellness initiatives in their schools.
- Each month we will highlight a recommended Fresh Pick item based on availability and offering new vegetables and fruits for the students to try at all school levels. We will also source as many locally grown and organic fruits and vegetables as they become seasonally available.
- Student Wellness Table Series coming to the middle and high schools this year, some of the topics include making better beverage choices, as well as sugar and sodium awareness.
- At the middle schools plan on seeing more cultural diversity with programs such as Multicultural Week, World of Flavors, and Heritage Awareness monthly promotions.
- MyMondays at the Elementary Schools where we will share ways to stay active and make better choices in the foods they choose. We will continue our very popular Fun on the Run interactive bag lunch, and Pizza Party Friday’s again this year. You can also be on the lookout for Chef Paul’s monthly, made from scratch menu entre where he will incorporate bold new flavors from around the world.
The Food Service Department is excited to get this year started! Remember, like us on Facebook, Sodexo Wauwatosa, to stay in touch with what’s new this year and find some great info to stay healthy and make fresh your way of life.