Procedural Guidelines for Community Flyer Submission & Approval:
To be publicized through Wauwatosa School District schools, all activities, events, materials, and opportunities must be related directly to children and families and should have the primary purpose of promoting Wauwatosa School District schools and/or the educational goals of the District. Materials must promote student interests without advancing the special interests of any particular group. Flyer distribution is reserved for non-profit community organizations only. The District will not distribute flyers promoting for-profit businesses, with the limited exception of District events that include direct district partnerships.
Additionally, the District reserves the right to deny permission for the posting or distribution of materials that are not aligned with the educational interests of our students and families or those that directly compete with District programs and services.
All information is distributed electronically and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Event information must be submitted in PDF format as a flyer or brochure for approval.
- As of the beginning of the 2017-18 school year, flyers for all outside organizations (meaning all events that are not directly sponsored by Wauwatosa School District or the Wauwatosa Recreation Department) submitted for approval must contain the following statement on the material: “This program/activity is not sponsored or endorsed by the Wauwatosa School District."
- Flyers must be submitted for approval at least one week in advance of distribution date (See below).
- No materials that promote alcohol or tobacco products will be approved, as in accordance with District policy
- Flyers that include logos for for-profit companies will not be approved.
How flyer information is shared:
- Approved flyers will be posted to the District’s website on the “Community Flyers” page under the “Community” tab at the top of the site.
- Links to the Community Flyers page are also included in district and school newsletters.
- A Community Flyers email will be sent twice a month – on the 15th and 30th.
- Approval of a flyer does not guarantee its distribution through each school.
Send flyer submissions to email@example.com with the "Community Flyer Submission" in the subject line.
If you have any questions related to Community Flyer distribution, please contact the communications coordinator in the Department of Human Resources and Communications at 414-773-1040.